Help End Ageism
Why is it important to end ageism—discrimination based on negative and inaccurate stereotypes about aging?
Coloradans—like other in the United States and around the world—are living longer and healthier lives. And this brings with it an incredible opportunity for communities and workplaces to benefit from the experience and talents that older people have developed over the years. Unfortunately, ageism can get in the way of that.
What can YOU do to help end ageism?
A lot of things:
- Learn more about ageism
- Talk about aging and ageism with friends and family. Download our Holiday Project Guide, which has some simple questions to get you started.
- Download, read and share Business Case for Age Friendly and Multigenerational Workplaces.
- Are you a member of a Chamber, Rotary, Optimist or other business group? Schedule a presentation for your group on the benefits of age-friendly and multigenerational workplaces and how to create them. Contact us here.
- Bring a Changing the Narrative training workshop to your organization or community
- Follow us and share information on social media
- Become part of a speakers bureau to give presentations to groups about ageism and why it makes good economic sense to have age-friendly businesses and communities
- Do you have other ideas of how you can help? Let us know by clicking on the JOIN THE MOVEMENT button below. And even if you’re not sure how you’d like to be involved, you can sign up for the mailing list through the button below, where you’ll learn about future opportunities and trainings.
Here are some upcoming events—ours and others—that are advancing Changing the Narrative.